Suite 12, One Sceptre House, Hornbeam Square North, Hornbeam Park, Harrogate, HG2 8PB. Tel 01423 810093
The British Thyroid Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, such as membership forms, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you provide information when getting in touch with us, about for example your details in a medical query, we will not ask for any other unnecessary personal information, and your question and reply will be temporarily stored securely in the BTF files.
The British Thyroid Foundation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2022.
What we collect
- If you complete a membership form we will collect the following information:
- name and address (or the name and age of your child, if you are joining on their behalf)
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, type of disorder
- We may conduct a downloadable anonymous survey from the BTF website
- If we collect any other necessary information for other requirements, such as, for a campaign/project or fundraising event, we will always seek your permission before doing so.
Why we collect this information
We require this information for membership administration and the legitimate interests of the work, aims and objectives of the BTF. In particular it helps us to:
- manage internal record keeping
- understand your needs and provide you with a service to suit your requirements
- provide the statistics needed to help with research projects
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we have stored. We destroy all data that is no longer required.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form that you have either downloaded from the website or filled in online, you can click to indicate that you want the British Thyroid Foundation to contact you. If the box remains unticked we will not contact you.
- if you have previously agreed to us contacting you, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to a third party. If you have opted in to agreeing to the BTF contacting you, we may use your personal information to send you BTF information, or surveys which we think you may find interesting.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.